Mortise Locks – High Security Locks Which Please The Eye
The truth is that the majority of locking mechanisms are ugly. It’s as simple as that. However, as it is with every rule, there are exceptions. High security locks are the exceptions in this particular scenario. This is a type of convenient locking system which is actually fitted within the door itself. With this in mind, there are specific requirements for the door in order to be eligible for a mortise lock. It needs to be about 45 mm or 1.75 inches in width in order to be able to actually hold this type of lock. However, this type of locking system is usually used in older buildings.
High Security Mortise Locks
Mortise locks are old news, that’s definitely true, but they are also capable of bringing quite a lot of advantages in terms of security, aesthetics and many more. So, without any further ado, let’s take a look at why this might actually be the solution that you’d prefer.
1. They offer a lot of security: Mortise locks are definitely dependable. Since they are actually installed within the door itself, they are actually quite hard for burglars and intruders to crack. They offer a significant amount of added residential protection for this particular reason.
2. Variable sizes: Mortise locks com in a wide range of different sizes. They are used to fit variable needs. This is also one of the reasons for which you might want to ensure that you’ve chosen the same type of lock with the same dimensions if you ever need to replace it. Failing to do so would result in an unfit mortise lock and you’d have to reconsider.
3. Sliding Bolt Lock: This is one of the most characteristic high security locking mechanisms. When the key with the right texture and shapes is introduced inside the locking mechanism, the pins are going to align and release the bolt which is going to unlock the door.
The major brands supplying high security locks are:
- Abloy Protec / Abloy Protec2
- Kwikset Smartkey / Schlage SecureKey
- Schlage Everest Primus. ...
- Schlage Everest / Medeco BiLevel
- Mul-T-Lock Interactive
- Mul-T-Lock MT5/MT5
- ASSA ABLOY Twin/ ASSA Combi / ASSA Pro / ASSA DP
- Scorpion / Marks Security Locks
Security Door Locks For Your Home and Business
With all this being said, if you are looking for aesthetically pleasing option which is affordable and dependable, the high security lock might be your choice for your business or home. You can contact us at any time in order to get your lock installed, repaired or replaced. It doesn’t matter whether you are looking for a commercial or residential solution, this is amongst the most reliable and dependable locking mechanisms that you will be ever able to find and you should certainly consider it.
Fore more posts and articles visit our BLOG
Have a question? Need a service? Contact us today